Avast Premium Security Subscription offers you a wide range of services that are not limited to antivirus protection only. However, you have to pay a small fee to get these benefits out of the service.
Whether you were using a free trial version or had an Avast Premium Security subscription, you are here now. This means you don’t have access to the free trial version or your license has expired. In any case, you are trying to switch to Avast Free Antivirus.
This is a common problem that people run into since when the license expires, there is no option available to renew the license or enter a license key.
Well as it turns out, the process is quite simple and only requires a few steps.
If you are using the free program:
- Click on ‘Switch to free’ in the dialogue box that appears after the free trial expires.
- Restart your computer.
- You have now switched to Avast Free.
For The Purchased Subscription:
- Right-click the start button on the windows taskbar and select ‘Apps and Features’.
- Click on ‘Avast Premium Security’ and then select ’uninstall‘ the program.
- A dialogue box called ‘User Account Control’ will open up. Select ‘Yes’.
- A screen called ‘Avast Premium Security’ will appear; there, select ‘SWITCH TO FREE ANTIVIRUS’.
- Then click ‘Yes’ and change the authorization.
- You now need to select the ‘Restart’ button which will reboot your PC.
- Avast Premium Security is now changed to Avast Free Antivirus.
- Download the Avast Security setup file, and save it.
- Double-click and open the downloaded setup file.
- Double-click the Avast Security icon, then close the window.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- End-User License Agreement will open; select ‘Continue’, then select ‘Agree’.
- Proceed with the default installation by clicking on ‘Install’.
- A prompt will open asking to enter your Touch ID or Password; enter details.
- Put in your Administrator password and then click ‘Install Software’.
- Allow Avast Security to access your downloads folder by selecting ‘OK’.
- Click ‘OK’ then Click ‘Close’.
- Select ‘Move to Trash’.
- Click ‘OK’ to enable the Avast Security installer to access your downloads folder.
What you get with Avast Free Antivirus
Despite being completely free you can get numerous benefits that come with the Avast Free Antivirus program. These include:
- Excellent phishing protection
- Smart scan choices
- Ransomware Shield
- Secure Browser
- Wi-Fi Inspector
- Performance Features
- Excellent Malware Protection
Is Avast Free Antivirus Worth It?
Avast Free Antivirus provides an excellent defence against malware and various device viruses. It is one of the leading free malware protection software out there. It comes with amazing features to keep you safe from phishing, provide browser security, make security scans and much more while costing absolutely nothing.
So, to answer the question of is it worth it; the answer would be that it definitely is! And maybe if you decide to spend on the premium version of the software, it will prove to be a good investment for you in the future.